1) If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be?
Kung fu! So random right? I don’t know why, but the past few weeks I have been hooked on Chinese films – to the point Netflix looks like it’s an Asian page! Love it! I saw some great movies such as Ip Man, Shaolin, and The Last Tycoon. But, also some really cheesy dubbed movies! Wish watching all these Chinese movies would help me learn Mandarin, but unfortunately most movies are in Cantonese. <FAIL> My fiance is Taiwanese and I’m Korean. I’m definitely fluent in Korean, and I’m hoping to learn some Mandarin to teach my future kiddos to be fluent in both languages. <I guess that’s another skill I wish I could master and probably more important than Kung fu!> However, due to my current love and obsession with these Chinese movies, I choose to master WING CHUN KUNG FU MOVES! Hahaa 🙂
2) What was your dream job growing up?
To be a teacher. I remember my Kindergarten teacher asking us what we wanted to be when we grew up, and I replied, “I want to be a teacher like you and my nursery school teachers.” I had the best nursery school teachers – Jane and Maria! Can’t believe I still remember their names and the memories of making my first Halloween costume with them <I was a scarecrow with odd shapes cut out and glued to a big shirt….haha little sad but nice memory!> and my mom coming with our class on a picnic and she brought homemade Kimbap and sandwiches for me and the teachers. Maria loved it so much and asked for more! Here I am all grown up and I’ve been teaching students with disabilities for the past 8 years! ❤
3) If you could fight anyone in history, who would it be?
Duh, BRUCE LEE! My wish from Question 1 will be answered so my mastered Kung fu skills will beat the legendary Bruce Lee and then I’ll take on Kung fu panda! Oh yea, I got this! 🙂
4) What single message would you send to an advanced alien species?
Please help me set up my blog – I am no good with technology, thank you aliens!
5) What’s your favorite comedy movie?
Orange Mocha Frappuccino! ZOOLANDER! I have seen this ridiculous, awesome, good looking, really really ridiculously good looking movie so many times – I still get a kick out of it!
6) Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
Iceland! Hoping to go for our honeymoon! It would’ve been between Iceland and Switzerland, but I was blessed to go to Switzerland this summer. I can hands down say it was the best trip of my life!!! What a beautiful country. If R and I was given the opportunity, we would drop everything and move to Switzerland in a heartbeat! Yep, it was THAT magnificent!
7) Can you play any instruments?
Hmm..I attempted to learn to play the piano…5 separate occasions and now I don’t remember a single note. I was an excellent recorder player in elementary school. I know I would be superb at blowing into the recorder now if I am offered the opportunity to showcase my skills. I would like my readers to note that I am quite excellent at shaking the eggshakers when I sing and dance with my students!
8) What’s the strangest talent you have?
I sure am mighty good at cracking the tip of my nose! Hahaa not even joking! You can hear the click click! Ask me next time!
9) Name one thing you miss about being a kid:
Sitting inside the shopping cart reading a book and eating a snack while my parents pushed me to Barnes and Noble or the library. When we went to Barnes and Noble I was allowed to pick out 5 books and it would excite me so much. Days to the library I knew I could pick out 25 books and it was the best feeling in the world!
10) The motivational speaker for Tough Mudder asked us Muddarians, “When is the last time you did something for the first time?” I thought to myself, I started the blog the night before! I was wary of beginning a blog since I really know nothing about the blogging world – especially setting up a website. However, here I am a few days later with people actually reading my blog and commenting on my posts. It’s really humbling to know that people are interested in what I have to say. R, these people are not robots or spammers!! Apologize now! 🙂
Thank you everyone for visiting my blog!!! Now I end by asking you, “When is the last time you did something for the first time?” ❤